Killer B Thai Red Chile - Peppercorn Cocktail
This recipe was featured in Saveur Magazine as a riff on the classic gin-honey-lemon cocktail the bee's knees. Miami restaurant Khong River House calls this recipe "Killer B". It swaps honey with a Thai red chile-white peppercorn simple syrup for a complex balance of tart, sweet, spicy, and bitter.
We found the drink to be void of spicy heat, it's very smooth. The chile & whole peppercorn give a wonderful aftertaste that clears your sinuses and gives a quick buzz all the way to your eyeballs!
Makes 1 cocktail
For 4 Person(s)
- For the Thai Chile Simple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Fresh Red Thai Chiles, Sliced lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon Whole White Peppercorns, cracked
- 1 1/2 Ounces London Dry Gin, such as Beefeater
- 3/4 Ounces Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Ounces Thai Chile Simple Syrup
Method for Killer B Thai Red Chile - Peppercorn Cocktail
1. Make the simple syrup: Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a 1 quart saucepan, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add chiles and peppercorns; cool chile syrup to room temperature and refrigerate overnight. Strain chile syrup, discarding chiles and peppercorns.
2. Combine gin, lemon juice, and 3/4 oz. chile syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with crushed ice; shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled coupe glass and garnish with a chile.