Instant Mama with Sardines & Vegetables, 'Poor Man's Gourmet'
Here is a healthy, delicious meal that will save you a lot of money. Mama brand is the favorite instant noodle of Thailand, and we love the way the noodles and spice packets can be used as a base to create a much more substantial meal
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 Packs Instant Noodles, we used Mama Tom Yum
- 2 Cups Sliced Fresh Cabbage
- 2 Cups Chopped Green Vegetables (spinach, green bean, broccoli, etc)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Can Thai sardine in tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 7 Cups Water
Method for Instant Mama with Sardines & Vegetables, 'Poor Man's Gourmet'
Boil water, and add the seasoning packets that come with the instant noodles. Pour in the contents of the can of sardines, be careful not to break apart the fish. Bring to boil again. Carefully crack egg and add without breaking yolk. After the egg sets up, add vegetables then the noodles. Season with fish sauce, lime juice and sugar (more or less as you prefer). Remove from heat and serve (about 4 servings).