Thai Sweet & Sour Sauce, 'Nam Jim Priao Wan'
For 4 Person(s)
- 10 Fresh Thai Chile Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Shallots
- 1/4 Cup Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Red Thai Chile Peppers
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Tamarind Concentrate Mixed with 1.5 tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Palm Sugar, sliced
Method for Thai Sweet & Sour Sauce, 'Nam Jim Priao Wan'
Roast the garlic in a dry wok over medium heat for about 5 minutes, being careful not to burn it, and set aside. Do the same with shallot, then green chiles.
Roughly pound these three ingredients together in a mortar and pestle, but don't pound it so much that it becomes a paste. Remove this from the mortar and set aside.
Place lime juice, tamarind, fish sauce and salt in a bowl, then add palm sugar and mix well to dissolve. Add the garlic/chile/shallot mixture and combine. Top with sliced red chile peppers and serve with any type of grilled meat. Enjoy!