Three Friend Salad, 'Yum Sahm Sahai'
This is a great mix of flavors and popular throughout Thailand.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1/2 Pound Pork, Cooked and Sliced
- 1/2 Pound Chicken, Cooked and Sliced
- 1/2 Pound Shrimp, Deveined, Cooked and sliced
- 3 Tablespoon Prik Pao
- 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Juice of Fresh Lime
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Tamarind Concentrate Mixed with 3 tbsp warm water
- 1/4 Cup Cashew Nuts Lightly Crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Cabbage
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Carrot
- 3 Green Onions, Chopped into 1
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves
Method for Three Friend Salad, 'Yum Sahm Sahai'
Mix prik pao, fish sauce, sugar and tamarind juice together. Put in a saucepan at medium/low heat and stir until boil. Remove from heat. Add lime juice and stir momentarily.
Put all of the meat in a bowl, and pour sauce over it. Add onion and mix everything up. Top with mint leaves. Place cabbage on a serving plate and put meat mixture over the top. Put shredded carrots on the sides. Serve and enjoy.