Stir-Fried Vegetables and Tofu, 'Pad Phak Taohu'
This is a basic vegetarian stir-fry.
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, Sliced Thinly
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger, Julienned Thinly
- 4 Tablespoons Thai Chile Peppers Julienned
- 1/4 Cup Shallots, Sliced Thinly
- 1/4 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 1/4 Cup Snow Peas
- 1/4 Cup Turnips, Sliced Thinly
- 1/4 Cup Water Chestnuts, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Green Bell Peppers, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1/4 Cup Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 Cup Asparagus Tips
- 2 Cup Fried Tofu
- 4 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch, Dissolved in a little water
- Black Pepper (to taste)
Method for Stir-Fried Vegetables and Tofu, 'Pad Phak Taohu'
Take two cakes of hard tofu, and cut them in quarters, then divide the squares in half diagonally, then divide each piece in half "height-wise" to yield 32 bite sized pieces. Place a little peanut oil in a hot pan and stir fry the tofu pieces until they turn golden brown. Next sautee the garlic, ginger and chilis (if used) in a little oil, and then add the soy sauces and then all the other ingredients except the bean sprouts. Stir fry for about a minute, then add the cornstarch and continue to stir fry for a further minute.
Add the bean sprouts, stir very briefly to warm them, but not cook them, and then serve with Thai jasmine rice.