Thai Stir-Fried Pumpkin, 'Pad Phuk Tong'
Street Vendor Videos
Many people may not realize that pumpkin, or any seasonal gourd, is an ingredient in many Thai recipes. This recipe works best with good old American halloween-style field pumpkin.
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 Cup Finely-Chopped Pork (or other meat or tofu)
- 1 1/2 Cup Bite-Size Pieces of peeled pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce, use vegetarian if you prefer
- 1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Golden Mountain Seasoning Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock or Vegetable stock
- 1/2 Cup 2 inch length green onion
Method for Thai Stir-Fried Pumpkin, 'Pad Phuk Tong'
Heat the oil in a wok until very hot. Add garlic, stir-fry until golden brown. Add meat or tofu and saute until cooked. Add pumpkin, stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, seasoning sauce and sugar. Stir together and cover for 3 minutes or until pumpkin is almost done. Break the eggs into the wok and stir, add green onion, remove from heat and serve with fresh steamed jasmine rice.