Thai Vegetarian Green Curry
Street Vendor Videos
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 Cup Firm Tofu, cut into 1/2 in squares
- 2 Tablespoons Green Curry Paste
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 Cup Green Peas, Fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Cup Bamboo Shoots
- 1 Medium Carrot, Cut Diagonally
- 4 Small Green Squash, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts, Fresh
Method for Thai Vegetarian Green Curry
Marinate tofu in sweet soy sauce for 20 minutes, drain. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium saucepan, fry curry paste for 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup of coconut milk, tofu and all the vegetables except the peas & bean sprouts. Simmer for 5 mins.
Add remaining coconut milk, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are nearly tender. Add peas and bean shoots. Cook for 5 to 10 mins. Serve with jasmine rice. Garnish with chopped shallots.