Stir-Fried Tamarind Shrimp, 'Goong Pad Nam Makham Piek'
A very simple but elegant dish, serve with freshly steamed jasmine rice and enjoy this slightly sour, mildly spicy shrimp.
For 4 Person(s)
- 17 Large Shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Fried Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Fried Red Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Palm Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Maggi Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Sriracha Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Tamarind Concentrate Mixed with 1 tablespoon warm water
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Method for Stir-Fried Tamarind Shrimp, 'Goong Pad Nam Makham Piek'
Shell and devein shrimp. Heat vegetable oil in a wok, and fry the chopped onions until fragrant. Add salt, tamarind mixture, chile sauce, Maggi Seasoning, palm sugar, stir together well. Add shrimp and cook until done. Add a few whole dried chile while cooking (optional). Transfer to serving plate, and sprinkle with fried garlic and fried onion. Serve hot with jasmine rice.