Sour and Spicy Mushroom Soup, 'Tom Yum Het'
This is a vegetarian recipe.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 Pound Straw Mushrooms
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Lemongrass Stalk cut into sections
- 3 Thin Slices Fresh Galangal
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaves, Torn
- 3 Tablespoons Thin (light) Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 10 Whole Dried Chile Peppers (or fresh chiles)
- 1 Spring Onion, Chopped
Method for Sour and Spicy Mushroom Soup, 'Tom Yum Het'
Clean the mushrooms, and cut any large ones in half. Bring the water to a boil, add the galaga, lemongrass, lime leaves and mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, then add the soy sauce and remove from heat. Add the lime juice, chile peppers, and sprinkle with spring onion. Serve hot withjasmine rice.