Grilled Meat Dipping Sauce, 'Nam Jim Jeaw'
Nam Jim Jeaw is a popular sauce for grilled meat. We offer a packaged "E-San Sauce" (see below) which is the same thing, so now you can make it from scratch. The flavor is unique, smokey from the roasted rice, sweet, spicy and sour.
We now offer Namprik Thai Tae, a similar dipping sauce that you may equally enjoy.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1/4 Cup Fish Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tamarind Concentrate
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Thai Chile Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thai Chile Peppers
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Shallots
- 2 Spring Onion, Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Roasted Rice, Khao Koor
Method for Grilled Meat Dipping Sauce, 'Nam Jim Jeaw'
In a small saucepan, heat fish sauce, tamarind concentrate, salt and sugar over medium low heat. Keep stirring to dissolve salt and sugar. Bring to a boil and remove from heat, let cool.
When the sauce is completely cool, add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well, and put a bit of fresh cilantro on the top.