Gaeng Som is a a nice balance of sour, sweet and salty (with not a lot of chile heat).
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 Tablespoons Gaeng Som Paste
- 5 Tablespoons Tamarind Concentrate
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 6 Tablespoon Palm Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh cauliflower, bite-sized pieces
- 1 Cup Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Fresh, large shrimp
Method for Gaeng Som
Add 3 cups water to a pot, heat to boil, add gaeng som curry paste. Reduce heat. Season with palm sugar, salt, fish sauce, tamarind concentrate.
Add fresh green beans and cauliflower. Bring back to a boil, then add mushrooms and keep on medium heat. Add shrimp. Press shrimp into the soup to get it cooked.
Remove from heat and serve with jasmine rice. Enjoy!