Spicy Cucumber Salad, Thai-American Style
This recipe is from our "Thai-American" section, which contains dishes that would not typically be found in Thailand. These dishes have been developed and/or popularized in America.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Medium Cucumbers, Halved Lengthwise, Seeded and Thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped White Onion
- 10 Fresh Mint Leaves, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Fresh Thai Chile Peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Dry Roasted Peanuts, Chopped
Method for Spicy Cucumber Salad, Thai-American Style
Combine vinegar, sugar, water and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk until sugar dissoles. Add cucumber, onion, mint, cilantro and chile. Toss until evenly coated. Let sit for 15 minutes. Garnish with peanuts and serve. This goes well as a side dish for massaman chicken or barbeque chicken with sweet chilli sauce.