Stir-Fried Catfish in Red Curry, 'Pladuk Pad Ped'
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 Catfish, Approximately 1 Pound
- 1/2 Cup Thai Basil Leaves (only leaves, no stems)
- 2 Mild (such as jalapeno) fresh chile pepper shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, Shredded
- 1/4 Cup Young Green Peppercorns
- 2 Fresh Kaffir Lime Leaves Shredded
- 2 Tablespoon Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Palm Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Method for Stir-Fried Catfish in Red Curry, 'Pladuk Pad Ped'
Wash and clean fish and slice it vertically to create a few fish steaks approx 1" thick. Pat dry. Heat vegetable oil in wok and add red curry paste. Fry until aromatic. Add fish and stir until finished, then add water and stir well. Adjust taste by adding palm sugar, fish sauce, stir well, then add young green pepper, basil, chile pepper, ginger and lime leaves. Stir well, remove from heat. Garnish with a bit more shredded lime leaves and basil. When serving, place the peppercorns prominently on top.